blog image

blog image

Saturday 13 August 2011

Reflection Week 6


Life has been busier than I ever thought. This week was hectic. Somehow I felt worn out over the endless in assignments. For this week itself, there were four assignments need to be done and handed in. Personally, I am worried about the exam. It is just around the corner and yet we still have loads of assignments to be done. I could hardly spare my time for revision.

But whatever it is, life has to go on. The hectic schedule has to be endured as patient as I could. This week was the sixth week of lecture and we were given the seventh assignment (Assignment 7a & Assignment 7b) to complete. Assignment 7a was about the application of Open Office Impress. We have to do a power point slides based on our Mini Research report using Open Office Impress instead of Microsoft Powerpoint. It was indeed pretty challenging at the first place for I have never utilized Open Office Impress for doing powerpoint slides before. For all this while, I have been fully dependent on Microsoft Powerpoint. Well I guessed that was a good effort by Dr. Siti Fatimah, our course coordinator for assigning us to use Open Office Impress. For me, it was not burdening. Instead, it gave me a good experience to improve my ICT skills. As a teacher, I must not merely have a sound knowledge of my major but also the other areas such as ICT.

I explored the application of Open Office Impress as much as I afford to. The assignment was not really hard to do. It was just pretty time-consuming for I have to import, adapt and simplify the information in our report to for the slides.  To fulfill the criteria of good presentation slides, I added few relevant pictures into my slides. Besides, I also employed some of the basic shapes available and customized animation for selected pictures and graphic organizer. After a few hours of exploration and skills application, I managed to complete a powerpoint presentation of 20 slides all together. After that, when it was well browsed and edited by me and my partner, I then uploaded the document to Google Docs for sharing with course mates.

Nonetheless, for Assignment 7b we were assigned to create a video based on our first assignment by utilizing Windows Movie Maker. But before that, we were earlier on being taught by Mr. Fariduddin on audio editing using software known as Audacity. The software was downloaded from the internet for free. During lecture, he taught us on how to cut the audio, make variety in pitch and frequency and a few more skills. The edited audio was then being used as the background music for the video. It was challenging but seriously fun. The skills gained are precious. With the skills, I am sure that I will be able to make my lesson more exciting and heart capturing in the future.

*Happy reading*

No comments:

Post a Comment