blog image

blog image

Friday 12 August 2011

Mini Research

* This actually should come before my reflection for Week 5. However, I could not upload it on time due to some constraints. Hope to be noted by all..Thank you.

It was such a momentous experience to carry out a mini research when we are still so call freshie.  It may seem too early for some but personally I think it is not. Time does not matter. The most precious thing is the experienced we gained.

The mini research was conducted as a part of our assignment. It was the combination of the surveys that we have done before based on the same topic as our previous assignments; Web 2.0 in educations.  As what was being required, the survey was done anonymously and randomly via online and also manually distributed questionnaire. The data collected was recorded in SPSS.

For it was the very first time we conducted a mini research, it was kind of hard to be done by us. Fortunately we were working in pairs. So that lightened the burden. Special thanks to my partner Vanessa Cordilia for the full cooperation and commitment in managing the task. 
The report was to be written in journal format. We were kind of choking to death to see the list of the things to be written in the report. There were the abstract, introduction, literature review, research method, findings, discussion, recommendation and conclusion. Since we were working in pair, we divided the task equally among us. The first four were to be done by Vanessa and the next four were my responsibility.

It really took me days to complete the parts of mine. Findings and discussion were the hardest parts to be done. I got dizzy over the charts, tables and graphs. But slowly over the time, I successfully managed to make it done.

Even though it was undeniably tough, I am personally glad that my working partner and I managed to write a complete and informative report for our mini research. Our aims and objectives were generally achieved. Sincerely, I can say that we are very fortunate to be given such an early exposure to carry out research and write a report of in a journal format. This is very helpful to prepare us for the bigger research to be done for our thesis later. Special gratitude addresses to our lecturer, Mr.Fariduddin for the supportive guidance given.
*Happy reading*

No comments:

Post a Comment